Today is my 26th birthday, yay!!
I wanted to check in with myself (and you) and share some goals I have for this year.
26 goals for year 26!
- Start working out again (barre + yoga) add more movement into my daily routine.
- Continue to eat healthier and make better more conscious choices of what I eat
- Learn how to make a good smoothie.
- Read more books (or maybe finish the 6 that I started and abandoned)
- Create more art (embroideries and stickers)
- Finally finish decorating the basement?! –I want to make the basement a family space / creative space
- Maybe go on a trip with a friend. (Puerto Rico with Kelli!!!)
- Go camping with hubby!!!!!!
- Also, maybe go to that one yurt treehouse at the gorge?
- Create a small studio space to work in for content creating in the house.
- Work with Yaz on more projects @yazmtorresphoto
- Host a beautiful little party for Aurora’s first birthday.
- Re-read crazy rich asians because its soooo goooooood!!!!
- Get more comfortable in front of the camera!
- Work towards making content more editorial-esque!
- Hopefully get one brand deal? With blogging!
- Do more with messypot + blogging/IG business.
- Plan a family trip with hubby + baby! Maybe for 2022??
- Drink more water! Stay hydrated!!!!
- Learn how to make a latte @ home.
- Do something out of my comfort zone (maybe go to a cycling class?! ha)
- Prioritize my gal pals better. I read somewhere that a womens emotional happiness is more fulfilled based on her quality of female frienships and bonds rather than their romantic relationship with their partner… or something like that. Either way, I spend most of my 25th year at home with baby because of pandemic. Hopefully I have more opportunities to see my friends in my 26th year.
- Allow myself to rest when tired, rather than worrying about what I should be doing with that time.
- Work on my relationship w Jesus!
- Learn how to communicate better with hubby in order to fully be a better wife + partner to him and for him to be the best possible husband + partner to me.
- Remember to be kind to myself. be kinder to myself,
Bonus goal. Enjoy more strawberry ice cream. I forgot how much I loved it until recently.
Sometimes I feel silly writing down my goals. I find wiring them down I can refer back, or reflect later on and check-in with myself to see what is working and what goals I need to pivot in order to cater them to my current needs. Do you make goals every year? I feel a bit more inspired to do them around my birthday if I’m feeling lazy the first two weeks of the year since my birthday is so close 🙂 Do you see any goals we may both have in common? Let me know!!
photos by Yaz M Torres photo