It has come to my attention that I am not getting any younger, –MESSYPOT 2018
welp. it’s 2022 – indeed: i am older & i’m revisiting this old post/prompt. i’ve had a daughter since & i’m determined to be able to be as healthy + happy i can be to be the best mum and human i can be. so….. what changes have i started reimplementing into my life?
- drink <pauses to sip water> more <pauses to go find my coffee> water
- sleep more i have been a mother for two years- and yet i still struggle to realize daily: if i go to sleep earlier i will not be as tired in the mornings – or during my toddlers 2-5am recent playdates she’s been wanting to have with me.
- wrkt ok but really: I joined a gym and I’ve been going twice a week so far.
I’m a pretty petite human: i might be small enough to fit most children’s play areas – doesn’t mean I can keep up with a toddler 24/7. My main goal is to be healthier because 1) that whole myth about being healthier can also feed into being happier etcetc 2) my toddler likes to ｅ ｘ ｐ ｌ ｏ ｒ ｅ & mama needs to keep up, so here I am determined to be the mum I want to be; who can run around with my little in a playground and is fully prepared to bring a tiny plastic crab with us to the beach so we can build the ultimate sandcastle with a moat fully equipped with a bright red crab between applications of sunscreen + splashing in the sea. we got goals
additional changes i’ve made of recent
- getting facials don’t know if it’s just me but when i turned 27 and then suddenly this internal timer went off and i knew i needed to start properly taking care of my skin & using eye cream. so, i have been getting facials and properly washing my face (if you know me on a personal lvl then yeah- i’m giving up the baby wipe lazy habit- i have purchased a cleanser!) & investing into my skincare, applying sunscreen, like actually applying it daily. I’ve been seeing Taylor owner of Lucid Skincare for the past few months and my skin has been thankful.
- working on my work/life balance you knowwwww pre-baby/pandemic i really did not have a healthy work/life balance. aka, no balance. i was just workworkwork – which was great – for a time. it is not something i want to go back to – having a baby and having the opportunity to stay at home with her for six months also during pandemic, I was forced myself to slow down.. i realized i’d rather spend more time at home & have some life outside of work than return back to my moneyhungryworkworkwork old ways. so, i have been enjoying my time outside of work – cut my hours to spend more time with her + gave myself an opportunity to have moment where I can focus on myself.
- b o u n d a r i e s creating & maintaining better boundaries for myself. i had poor my boundaries both in + out the salon. i would always overaccomodate, overbookmyself and i allowed my work ovverride my personal life. my personal life boundaries were also pretty poor- i allowed too many people in; often went out of my way to peopleplease even at the cost of my own peace- because: i thought that was what i was supposed to do. i grew pretty resentful of how exhausted i was. i’m enforcing these new changes into my life & seeing some of the <insert whatever it is people react with> in reaction to upholding these changes, a contrast to how I used to be in the past and it’s been an eye-opener regarding some relationships I had: I’ve seen many relationships shift since I’ve begin to prioritize myself and uphold my boundaires. something I’ve learned and remind myself often is someone else’s reaction is not my responsibility. i’m still navigating maintaining my boundaries in a respectful way + communicating them appropriately but it’s something that drastically changed my life.
- letting go ooooo boy- you thought i was just gonna talk about water bottles and cardio during this post?!? hehe ʸᵒᵘ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ᵇʸ ⁿᵒʷ. To quote fellow brit Adele – my Tottenham queen
Why am I obsessin’ about the things I can’t control? – Adele I Drink Wine
I’ve realized I need to just let it somethings go- if I am honest there are things that I haven’t let go . but- in learning to let go I’ve become a much much happier dare I say carefree human.
woaaaaaa, that got a bit deep – right? a little teeeny tiny moment there it did. anyway,