LAZY LIFESTYLE CHANGES | 2018

It has come to my attention that I am not getting any younger, and if I want to be able to enjoy my body and live a long and active life, maaaaaybe I should start taking some care of it. What a phenomenon. I don’t know what hit me; between the constant advertisements for healthy living/weight loss, social media and constantly being shown fitspiration sponsored videos, or just the fact all my friends are hitting the gym and I’m hitting the end of another tub of ice cream, it dawned on me that I’m not as healthy as I thought. That I need to make some serious changes, and that if I wanted to change NOW is the time to do so, I mean why not?? We are pretty much surrounded by someone or something promoting a “healthy lifestyle” whatever that may mean. Why not start living my healthy lifestyle, instead of rolling my eyes at someone else’s?

I wasn’t really concerned when I found my wedding dress (spoiler: I’ve got it!!! and be prepared for another post from #themessyknot) or when Harrison and I booked our honeymoon. It was when we were talking about how cool it will be to tell our future kid(s??!!) what adventure we decided to embark on at the beginning of this life journey together. Suddenly this big wave of Oh God I can’t even keep up with myself on a hot day, how could I keep up with a tiny ball of energy at some point started to weigh heavily on my already tired shoulders. I had to come to terms with a few things,  or, most significantly, that I’m not really as healthy as I think I am…Which I think is a common thought we all have. We don’t really worry about our health until it’s too late, or we will look at someone who is suffering from their health and we think “well, I’m not as unhealthy as them” and we go on with our lives. I need to make some changes, now. Not for this possible child some years (many, many years) down the road, but for myself now. Because if I can better myself to be my best self and enjoy each moment a little bit more and be a little sexier and a lot more confident during my wedding and honeymoon, why the heck have I waited this long to start?

I’m   l a z y

So I figure I have to start with a small checklist on things even I, Lazy Lisa, can do, if not daily but hopefully more frequently than once a month!!! With a goal in mind to start applying these items into my life ASAP. So, what are these lifestyle changes?

• drink more water. I know everyone says it, but I could work a whole day at the salon and forget to drink one cup of water especially, if I’m running around all day
  • get more sleep. I say that as I type this post around 2 am. but not getting enough sleep can affect so much, from grumpiness, to weight and emotional state.
  • get more active. trying to up the heart rate a little more frequently, whether it’s daily yoga, or a youtube cardio training video, or going on walks with my doggo.

Now, how do I plan on making sure I can accomplish these little tasks while working at least 40 hours a week behind the chair, trying to be a good fiance/sister/daughter/friend/employee and stay sane? That I’ll let you know later.

I’m going to track a day or maybe a week where I log my daily activities and thoughts.

So wish me luck, and feel free to share what lifestyle changes you’ve gone through recently!
I’ll be sitting here on my yoga mat ready to read your comments!

26 Comments

1. Kaelin
    July 24, 2018 / 4:31 am

I would love to know if tracking your daily activities holds you more accountable for being active. I am also someone who could definitely benefit from being a little (or a lot) more active throughout my day, so that would probably help me out a lot, too!

• July 24, 2018 / 4:46 am

I have been making timelaspe videos of me doing yoga, or working out, or using MAPMYWALK to help keep me motivated, and I send them to my workout/motivational pals to hold me accountable!

2. Chloe!
    July 24, 2018 / 9:23 pm

Yes! Water!! I used to not care about my water intake, but after working outside in the heat and downing water bottles left and right I’ve totally noticed a difference! My skin looks clearer (and not even just my face! Everywhere looks clearer and brighter) , and I don’t feel as winded at the end of the day.
    One of my lazy lifestyle changes was cutting out soda. If I’m going to be sitting around binging Netflix, I really don’t need the added sugar of coke to fuel the flame. Hahaha. Now I just have to work on cutting down my coffee…. but that’s going to take a while.

• July 24, 2018 / 11:30 pm

I don’t always go for a coke, but if I do start drinking coke again I find it so difficult to break the habit!!!!!! So good on you! TRUST me, I struggle cutting down coffee but I have to since it affects my sleep if I drink too much after 6pm!

3. July 25, 2018 / 1:25 pm

If you ever need a walking/work out buddy, let me know!!!

4. July 25, 2018 / 1:27 pm

Omg I’m sooo not healthy. I used to be really active and somewhat fit lol and now I feel soooo out of tune with my body. I bought a huge water bottle at Home Goods the other day and bought a membership to planet fitness to try and do better!

• July 26, 2018 / 2:55 am

I am hesitant to join a gym, I don’t want to waste my money, and I want to see if I will stick to this new plan if I’m going to spend the money.

5. July 25, 2018 / 1:35 pm

Ive been on a kick this summer and am feeling so much better! Drinking water all the time helps so much!

• July 26, 2018 / 2:53 am

I still find it difficult to remember to drink water! But i’m trying!!!

6. July 25, 2018 / 1:44 pm

I’ve been trying to make sure I always have water with me whether that’s at home or while I’m out running errands. I swear by my S’well bottle!

• July 26, 2018 / 2:54 am

I need to check that bottle out!! I usually have a shaker bottle on me to try and remind myself to drink more water.

7. July 25, 2018 / 2:16 pm

Love this! I will admit, I am SUPER lazy. Some changes I’ve been making recently is to drink more water (3-4L a day) and being more mindful of what foods I put into my body!

• July 26, 2018 / 2:54 am

Same, hopefully I stick to this and stay motivation as we move into the fall!

8. Samantha
    July 26, 2018 / 2:06 am

I’ve been incorporating intermittent fasting and carb cycling into my daily routine and have been gaining some great results! Also, as annoying as it is to do, I find that calorie tracking keeps me from overeating and staying within my daily allotment (I have ZERO willpower obviously lol).

• July 26, 2018 / 2:52 am

I used to count my calories, I started bargaining with myself so now i just try to be a little more conscious of what is going in! I just started going 30/60mins a day of either some cardio, yoga or walking! Let’s hope I stick to it!

9. July 26, 2018 / 3:03 am

Drinking enough water is SO important! I used to get my 64 oz a day, but since I got married and got busier I’ve noticed me drinking less and having less energy. I didn’t realize how much it changed my physical and mental health, so now I’m trying to get back to doing it regularly!

• July 26, 2018 / 3:14 am

I’m really trying to drink more water, I find it so easy to forget to hydrate especially on my busy days!!!

10. July 26, 2018 / 3:17 am

I have been trying to drink more water, too!

Proud of you! Love you!

• July 26, 2018 / 3:18 am

JCP! Why haven’t we done yoga together?????
      Bringing my mat over next time I see ya <3
      Love you friend!!!!

11. July 26, 2018 / 3:46 am

I’ve been upping my water intake like crazy. Eating a lot more green foods and foods that make me feel good from the inside out.

• July 30, 2018 / 10:53 pm

That’s great! I am trying to keep up with water but it’s HARD.

12. July 26, 2018 / 1:47 pm

We have just started making changes to be more active and healthy with cooking at home and a 30 minute walk before sunset. Love getting extra time with just us too!

13. July 26, 2018 / 2:41 pm

We are in the same boat my friend! I need to do this too.

14. July 26, 2018 / 7:55 pm

I usually never ever drink water. Like ever. My husband always tells me to, so I won’t pass out from heat exhaustion if I’m doing stuff outside haha!